View Single Post

Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
My Columbia Par Car has a battery gauge.* I thought all golf carts has them.* *:dontknow:
Yes, they are either a gauge with a needle, or a series of 4 or 5 led lights that show the proportion of discharge, e.g. 20%, 40%, 60%, etc.

After having test driven carts at the Par Car dealer, the Club Car dealer, the EZ Go dealer, and the Golf Cart Connection (Star and refurbed Clubs) I am leaning toward...

Because...
- Power of cart
- Price with desired options
- Reputation of dealer
- Ride quality

Anyone want to guess which one?

- I like the design of the Par Car the best (short of $15,000 for a Yesteryear cart) and the range. But the turning radius seemed not as good as the others.
- I like the reputation of the Club Car and some of the new features (but "stand out" unique options are not available at this dealer.)
- I like the power train (AC with regenerative braking) and feel of the EZ Go but price is $500 to $1,000 more than I would like to pay.
- I like the value of the Star for a new cart.
- I liked the power, pricing, and options availble on the refurbed Club Car and Golf Cart Connection.

Barring any other discoveries, I will likely purchase the last item - with a few "tweakings."
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley