View Single Post

Old 04-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default St. Luke's in The Villages price exorbitant price increase

The annual eye exam usually includes a refraction that is not covered by Medicare or the supplement insurance. It has been a $25 charge since the day the opened their doors, and what I paid last year.

Yesterday, shock of shocks!!! The price for the refraction has gone up to $40......60.0% increase!!!!
That is most certainly the biggest single increase in medical cost for us to date (percentage wise). I have no idea what their increase to medicare might have been.

Gooch is a fine doctor. The people are still very attentive.

St. Lukes has undergone many changes within the last year. They added another doctor, Dr. Gooch. Dr. Ireland now only sees patients referred for surgery. Arbitrarily transferred long time patients, like us, to him. Not a problem. Just the inconsiderate implementation.

St. Luke's practice has gone from one of very effective, comfortably paced, service to the usual overwhelmed resident volume increase. That is fine except when it affects the end user, the patient.

St. Luke's has become village resident volumized.

Next year we will be requesting there be no refraction.....we both do not wear glasses.

I would still recommend them as Ireland is one of the best at what she does.

Except for gouging the cost of refraction!!

Last edited by billethkid; 04-12-2017 at 09:20 AM.