View Single Post

Old 04-12-2017, 09:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
That gets you religious in a hurry as does having your high school teacher's daughter Michelle Mitchell murdered on your birthday of 2-24 in 1976 in Reno, Nevada. You wonder what is the meaning of all this? I church-hopped for a while, minored in Religious Studies, got thrown out of the Unification Church's just off campus meetings for being too argumentative and refusing to go on one of their weekend retreats, went to BYU Law School to get an immersion in Mormonism (pushed in too deep for me) , and still read The Bible every so often. I do not go to church that often though but I am not a politician looking for votes. Loved the Church on the Square and their visiting local religious leaders. They brought in the most interesting people from different denominations.
Whatever YOU decide the meaning or lack of is.

IF you've studied religion objectively...you know it's ALL bullsh!t. Every one of them...just made up crap.

Maybe "interesting" as in good story tellers? But that's all they were...stories.

Modern Christianity is nothing like the earlier versions. Christianity 2.0, post Constantine...is a political creature. Even earlier than that...Paul...he is the original cheerleader in essence creating the whole Jesus myth. The Jews don't believe in Jesus because it never happened the way Paul...some 30+ years after the fact...described it. Christians are "disgruntled" Jews who converted to a bogus religion created by Paul, much as Muhammad created Islam. More than half the NT can be pretty directly attributed to Paul. The 1st 4 books supposedly by the original disciples are anonymous. Constantine added and took out all kinds of things when he made it Rome's official religion. It's mostly Pagan. Even the Jews Torah, the OT stories are based on much earlier non-religious stories. The great flood being the rising seas after the last ice age.

It's ALL a load of crap sold to you for a mere 10% tithing.