View Single Post

Old 04-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
This trial is still ongoing, and one of the things the Plaintiffs are asking that the new program provides interpreting services - in fact, they are asking that this becomes permanent for any event, any program, etc. so they won't have to re-litigate.

This is all I know for now. Of course there are other issues that are being addressed.
I personally, think that isn't reasonable or fair. Or right. But that is my opinion. A lot of things asked for by parents with children who have cognitive delays aren't right or fair either. In my opinion. Sometimes life isn't fair or right and we can't fix everything. Or expect everything to be fixed at another's expense. Sometimes the expense is so great as to take money from other programs that benefit more people. It is very hard to judge what is fair and right. I am the mother of a child with Williams Syndrome who is now a wonderful woman.

I think the suit that you speak of went to far. I didn't really see an attempt to compromise. That is only my opinion.