Thread: Meet Kassem Eid
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2017, 05:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Just google Syria and read.

In 2013, I was very motivated but nobody much cared at that time. It was horrible then....and there was not much interest.

This is that OP from 2013....I think the link is dead now

Sage

Default Syria
Ok...even though it has been happening for a year or more, CNN is now broadcasting actual film of a chemical weapon attack in Syria, where the massacre of people has been continuing and ongoing.

Redline has been crossed...many times. Now that we can see it..what now ?

"Activists and rebel fighters accused Syrian President Bashar Assad’s forces of killing hundreds of civilians - including many women and children - in chemical weapons attacks on Wednesday.

Video clips apparently showing the graphic and disturbing aftermath of the alleged attacks on the rebel-held eastern Damascus suburb of Ghouta were posted to social media but could not be independently verified. The clips showed children choking and vomiting, while adults writhed in agony.

If confirmed, it would be by far the worst known use of poison gas during the country’s deadly civil war, which has claimed more than 100,000 lives."

Newsvine

If you really care, here is a item from the dreaded CNN from last year....

What Syrians want you to know

Also from last year....

"Five years into the war in Syria, most reporting focuses on the ebb and flow of the fighting, incessant foreign meddling in the conflict, and the spectacular brutality of extremist groups such as the Islamic State (ISIS). Aside from the occasional human-interest story on the plight of the refugees, however, ordinary Syrians have largely been lost in the shuffle."

What Syrians Want | Foreign Affairs

ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN OUT THERE.....takes someone to want to make a political point to get you to read it.

This is not new...what we need is stronger idea of what IS our policy and stronger actions against those who prop this up.

A selected tape for the media is not something that iimpresses me much.

I may seem a bit jaded and I suppose I am....I have been talking about this for years, on here and off.....this is Trump discussing Syria.....quote from debate....

"During the campaign, Trump discussed Syria principally in the context of refugees, whom he viewed as a potential danger to the U.S., fighting ISIS and as a way to criticize President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

During the second presidential debate on Oct. 9, Trump and Clinton, his then-Democratic rival, were asked what they would do in Syria if they won.

Trump said "Aleppo is a disaster, humanitarian wise" and said that Mosul had "basically fallen." Rather than proposing any specific plan for how he would handle the situation, he went on to slam "the stupidity of our foreign policy" and criticize the Obama administration's tendency to announce planned attacks in advance.

"Why do they have to say we are going to be attacking Mosul within the next four to six weeks, which is what they’re saying. How stupid is our country?" Trump said.

What Trump has said about Syria and Assad - ABC News

We need a FIRM PUBLIC POLICY....IF we really have feelings for these people, then show it.....in words and actions. Sanctions, review our policy on immigration....or we are just talking much like 2013.
Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that I didn't know about what happened in 2013. I did, and I also remember very clearly you (as Bucco) were very upset about it. You were obviously very well read at that time and I enjoyed your informative posts. I was not posting on the political forum back then, but it was mostly your posts that intrigued me enough to start watching things more closely. Anyway, what I was saying was I wouldn't have known about this particular survivor if not for this thread. I thought the interview was very revealing about how the Syrian people feel not so much about Trump, but about their homeland and the action or inaction of the US regarding it.