View Single Post

Old 04-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I do not believe rehabilitation really applies of these people are on death row.

I changed the name of the first man convicted of raping his wife in MN when I was a Student Attorney. The judge brought me into her office and chewed me out for helping this man. My duty though was to anyone who I got assigned as a client by the managing Lawyers at Legal Assistance to MN Prisoners. The ex-wife by law would have received immediate notice of this man's name change as well. Even some of the people in the legal community have the utmost contempt for some of those convicted of crimes and with cases like Casey Anthony for those accused as well. I really did not like this convicted rapist either but I did what the law required for him. I hope this is not violating any lawyer-client privilege as I am not sharing anything that would not be public record. My name would be on these court papers and the man did have his name changed. And no I do not actually remember what it was. Just how peeved the Judge and her workers were that I was doing this for him.
I wasn't speaking of people already sentence to death and on death row';albeit one could make an argument even there given the number of cases found to be a result of poor investigation, etc.

Killing another person is unthinkable. However the circumstances surrounding each death deserves individual consideration. compare a person who rapes a child then murders her to an habitual drunk who kills a person because of a DUI. What about a guy in a fight that has the bad luck to have hit a guy who strikes hi head on....and dies

One act because of an emotional outburst or under the influence with no previous criminal history may merit an opportunity for attonement rehabilitation.

to suggest that murder is murder and all murders deserve the same punishment is too absolute.

While it is another argument one needs to ask what should the purpose for imprisonment? punishment only, confinement only rehabilitation

Again there re capital crimes in my view given the circumstances surround them that capital punishment should be administered