View Single Post

Old 04-14-2017, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I wasn't speaking of people already sentence to death and on death row';albeit one could make an argument even there given the number of cases found to be a result of poor investigation, etc.

Killing another person is unthinkable. However the circumstances surrounding each death deserves individual consideration. compare a person who rapes a child then murders her to an habitual drunk who kills a person because of a DUI. What about a guy in a fight that has the bad luck to have hit a guy who strikes hi head on....and dies

One act because of an emotional outburst or under the influence with no previous criminal history may merit an opportunity for attonement rehabilitation.

to suggest that murder is murder and all murders deserve the same punishment is too absolute.

While it is another argument one needs to ask what should the purpose for imprisonment? punishment only, confinement only rehabilitation

Again there re capital crimes in my view given the circumstances surround them that capital punishment should be administered
That's very true. Some murderers are just plain evil like Ted Bundy, Reno's Thomas Lee Bean, Charles Manson and his group, and others. Then there are the clearly mentally ill people even though I suspect some of these people and their lawyers play the system. Then there are cases where they simply put the wrong person in prison usually because a clique is in power that have little or no checks-and-balances on them. A judge and a group of lawyers in all that takes if these are arrogant sociopaths.