View Single Post

Old 04-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
My feelings are not relevant. State ordered execution is legal premeditated murder...
Your interpretation of state sanctioned murder is no different than if I were a soldier in Iraq and I shot and killed a Taliban fighter. He never did anything to me, I didn't even know the man. That must be state sanctioned murder. The Army said it's alright if I kill that person because he wants to kill all Americans and especially all Christians.

Your using all your relevant feelings to make that decision, my feelings are we live in a civilized society. As adults we know if you kill another human being in the State of Florida you're subject to the death penalty. So when you killed that person, you have assumed that if you 'do the crime, you'll do the time'.

I'm glad we have enough grown men and women in our society who don't feel the way you do. If not, we would be in a sorry state to fill our police and military ranks. We have a no-nonsense President, and were fighting terrorist at home and abroad. Anyone who commits a murder on the streets of any American city is no different than a terrorist.

What's the saying, 5% of the population do 95% of the crime. Repeat Offenders is one problem capital punishment can fix.