View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We travel to TN 2-4 times per year via I-75.

The I-85 closure will definitely affect the load on 75 in both directions.

That along with the ongoing construction north of Atlanta will make a bad/but tolerable situation worse....of course time of day is a big factor.

We always try ti time going through Atlanta mid morning or mid afternoon or after 10 PM and before 4 AM.

The bypasses will also be carrying more traffic as well.

Our alternate route north is to head to Jacksonville and pick up 95 then 26 through the Carolinas, onto 40 west to I 75 at Knoxville. This routing adds one hour to our 9 hour trip. For those who like scenic routes the trip through the Carolina and TN via ! 40 is spectacular....right through the mountains.

This is the way we will be going until such time as I85 is fixed.

Traveling between 10 at night and early morning to get through Atlanta doesn't work for me (the driver) anymore. Too tiring and the eyes at night are not what they used to be.

Good luck.
We also travel to TN a few times a year and I-75 have become horrible any time of the day both directions. There is an another way to avoid Atl Chatt and Knox by cutting off I-75 at Macon and taking 441 to 23. You will come out on I-40 at the Waynesville exit. It is a nice drive and will actually save you time because I-75 is a crap shoot right now.