View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 01:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Past AALL Annual Meeting Locations

Remember trying to get a victims/survivors of crimes lecture at the AALL Convention in 2001 in Minneapolis at their Summer Convention and I could not find enough speakers for the requirements of the AALL Convention people. I did manage to rope a leader in the Mothers Against Drunken Driving movement. So, I had to throw in the towel but kept looking for jobs in libraries probably up through when we moved to the Villages in 2005. I did manage to anger Gene Coppola in the Summer of 2000 by not accepting his offer that the Palm Harbor Public Library would take 50% of anything he and his staff could help me with in the way of grants for library work. He had started his meeting with me with "I do not like whiners and liars." This was at our very first meeting an d almost his first words out of his mouth. I had been volunteering at the Palm Harbor Library when I met Gene Coppola for about a month or so. He had stated about a week prior to this. The Palm Harbor Library Director before Coppola had been forced out for scolding an employee for taking a too long break and generally acting like a pervert watching adult movies in his office with the door open.

Coppola threatened me with a lawsuit in 2004, March 2 to be exact for my writing true e-mails to his staff about them no longer having a link to the Florida Victim Services Directory.
Some more of this story.