View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
A friend of mine in The Villages died last week. Just a few years ago he was a robust, athletic retiree who played tennis several times a week.

His health decline was fairly sudden and got worse quickly. He had to rely on a walker, and fell often; sometimes as often as three times a day. He could not rise on his own. EMS had to respond often.

My friend's wife got to know several of the Fire and Paramedic responders fairly well, as they came to he house to aid my friend, and occasionally transport him to the Emergency Room for treatment.

We were surprised, at my friend's funeral, to discover that several of the First Responders who had come to know my friend, were at the funeral. In fact there were representatives from our local Police, Fire/Paramedic, and EMS agencies at the funeral. It was a touching display of concern.
Carl,

I am very sorry for your loss.

What a beautiful thing to share and shows us what we need to be reminded; that there is so much good in the world, and all around us in the hearts of people who work everyday with sadness and loss but don't lose their ability to care.

Thank you very much for this post.

Sending love and hugs from all of us.

Grace Gantner and family.