Sage
Thanked 5,516 Times in 1,914 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: Hiaasen on golf & TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
Oh dear. Oh dear.

smalldog? smalldog? Are you OK?

You look so sad. And you say that you can't get into Hiaasen. But I think I might know what happened.

Did you start with "Sick Puppy"? It was not one of his best. I know.

But I bet you did not finish it. That may be what made you so sad. As I recall, things turn out fine for Boodle, the Labrador retriever, who started the book belonging to that vile lobbyist. And then poor Boodle swallowed those glass eyes from those wall trophies that belonged to that big jerk of an owner, Palmer Stoat. A real creep. (I really think that is a job requirement for a lot of lobbyists.) And then Boodle did not feel very well. And I think that might be where you stopped reading. I just want you to know that Boodle is OK now.

But I understand that Hiaasen is not for everybody. "Stormy Weather" remains my favorite, even though Carl and I have been together for a long time. Even Carl can hit and miss. Just like everybody else. But I am glad you like those other authors mentioned in this thread. I need to try them.

Anyway, smalldog. I hope you feel better soon. Boodle is OK. Really.

Boomer

Boomer.

WHO WOULDN'T LOVE YOU? You are THE best writer here. I just wish I could meet you in person. sigh

GG