Thread: Lumpy Donut
View Single Post

Old 04-27-2017, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
courses mowing greens and setting pins. I can tell you without reservation that many of the people setting pins on the exec. courses do not play golf. I can also tell you they do not use the plate that is "supposed" to be used to set the cup in to the proper depth. They also, while twisting the hole cutter to get it in, do not always twist it to get the plug out....therein lies the mounding of the grass surrounding the hole. You owe someone an apology,
You can tell me this without reservation. Do you have information to back that up? Have you witnessed this?

I don't owe anyone an apology. The woman who stomped all over the hole owes the golf course superintendent and all of the golfer behind her and apology.

I'll continue to post photos wen I miss putts because of The Villages cup.

Even if the lumpy donut effect is real, and in some cases it might be, a putt hit so that it would go 17" past the hole would still go in.

By the way, I notice that a lot of these people that complain about The Villages cup have no problem walking all of other players lines as well as their own. I also notice that there is never any comment about the mound when putts go in.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.