View Single Post

Old 04-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
Here's a little story that was told by a US Marshal. In my son's group of in-laws there is a current US Marshal. Here is the story. One night his home was burglarized while they were sleeping. He woke to see the Burglar going through their belongings. He laid still and did not move waiting for the Burglar to leave the room. At which time he grabbed his weapon that was in the night stand next to the bed, sprung up and immediately tripped over the cedar chest at the end of the bed. By the time he recovered the Burglar was gone. Now like he said I lived there. I knew where all the furniture is placed. Yet he ran right into the cedar chest. Here is what he said people don't understand. They have this notion that having the firearm is protection enough. However what they fail to realize, the Burglar's senses are on Super High Sensitivity. While yours are almost shutdown. Even though he was a wake for a minute or two his reflexes were not. You are coming out of a deep sleep. Your no match for the Burglar. They did catch the guy because he did not leave the area. He decided he would hit a few more homes on the block. Having a firearm is not having a security system. It could be more of a liability unless you have something to let you know some one has breached your castle. There are a bunch of victims that thought they were in a secured area. In this day and age there is no such thing as a place without the possibility for crime. Complacent victims is what they are looking to find. Take also into the equation that many of the seniors here in the area have poor hearing, or health. Its just a matter of time before the sleezy individuals go fishing for prizes. The amount of crime in the area may dictate you definitely need a security system but to think this area is totally safe enough that you should not protect yourself with good security may make you the next victim.
So what brand of alarm do you sell Mr Steve? We feel pretty good about our set up here without the alarm and just being aware of our surroundings at all times and Barney. I'm sorry I forgot to mention about Barney, he is our secret security method. We love all dogs. He is not a Poodle on a Pink Leash. His hearing is great. He told us today that he really likes Fenney but he likes it where we are better. I think we'll risk it and stay here.