View Single Post

Old 04-29-2017, 07:47 AM
n/a

For anyone who forgot who Michelle Mitchell was she was the daughter of my favorite English teacher Mrs. Barbara Mitchell at Earl Wooster High School in Reno, Nevada in the 1975-1976 academic year. Her father was a teacher at a different high School in Reno. They lived at the other edge of Reno on the far north side. I was on the far south.

John Picollo was another student in the Mitchell English class. He knew her from visits to the Michelle house for some reason.

I was busy taking correspondence courses through a third Reno High School so that I could get through high school in three years.

On 2-24-1976 (my birthday is 2-24) Ms. Michelle Mitchell a 19 year old nursing student was killed in a garage close to the U of Nevada- Reno campus a few doors down where from my older brother lived. He remembered hearing all the sirens and wondering what was going on that night of my birthday.

On Wednesday 2-25-1976 our class got the news that we would be getting a substitute because of the murder of Michelle Mitchell.

John Picollo was one of the people questioned in the murder as were some of the other people who had met Michelle Mitchell.

I had done a drawing of a picture of a woman in a magazine. During my Spring 1976 Art Show at Wooster High School, Mrs. Mitchell had seen that drawing and told me how much it reminded her of her daughter.

She had not returned to work for quite some time but was teaching a few months after the murder of her daughter which would go unsolved until 1979.

The Mitchells gave me and John Picollo the Michelle Mitchell Memorial Scholarship. Maybe $200 a Semester for the 1976-1977 Academic Year. This Scholarship stayed on my resume for decades.

I gave the drawing of the woman who reminded Mrs. Mitchell to the family when I drove to their house across town to thank all of them for the Michelle Mitchell Memorial Scholarship and told them that I was thinking of becoming a doctor.

I started volunteering at the Veteran's Hospital in 1977 through 1978 in Reno, Nevada to see if I enjoyed working around patients. The nurses learned I could draw and soon I was taking home photos of the patients at the intensive care wing to try to capture their likenesses. As soon as these were OKed by the patients the nurses put these drawings outside their rooms and the nurses hired an Art Major from the University of Nevada, Reno to continue these art works after I quit volunteering in 1978 as I had decided that I could not handle the deaths of the patients all that well. And I had trouble with some of the chemistry and calculus.

Started studying Philosophy and History instead with an eye to maybe going to law school if my grades were good enough.

I stayed in contact of sorts with the Mitchells through letters and by meeting Wooster students at the University of Nevada, Reno or through my younger brother who also had Mrs. Barbara Mitchell for English about four years after me.

One of the prosecutors of the woman eventually seen as the murderer of Michelle Mitchell, Cathy Woods, was a bridge partner of my parents, Mills Lane. I would get phone calls from Mills Lane too in my 224 613 Project with respect to strategy. These probably went on until 1996 or so.

It turned out that Cathy Woods had been railroaded by cops and prosecutors looking to get closure for the people involved. Woods was a paranoid schizophrenic who had confessed falsely to the murder of Michelle Mitchell to get a better room in a prison in Louisiana. It looks like she was fed inside information to make the prosecution easier. That's just going on the press coming out in 2014-2016.

I knew Mrs. Barbara Mitchell quite well. And no I never met Michelle Mitchell. I did meet the rest of her immediate family.

I talked about the trials, appeals, etc of Cathy Woods and people supposedly connected to her with students from Wooster High School whom I would run into all over Reno, Sparks.

My parents moved from Reno, Nevada in 1984 to Scottsdale, AZ but my late younger brother stayed there until 1990 or so.

I have family still in Reno, Nevada and went to Reno, Nevada about six weeks after graduating from the U of MN Law School where Gail Daly introduced me to the American Association of Law Libraries Summer Convention people as the cataloger of all the computer files on WESTLAW for a national project working in conjunction with SUNY at Buffalo where they were doing the LEXIS cataloging.

Please ignore the trolls on here. They are harassers and bullies of the worst sort.