View Single Post

Old 04-30-2017, 01:14 PM
n/a

Default I sometimes agree with you till i stop to think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
When the states first formed federal government it contained only the Departments of Defense, Treasury and Commerce.

What we are not experiencing with federal government today is the concept of "less is more" This monolithic labyrinth we call the federal government is too regimented with red tape and too political to be effective. it needs to be revamped to be effective.

Start with cuts to Fannie and Freddie making them private. The Departments of Energy and Education should be cut. We need to simply our tax code to fit on the size of a post card for most and with it a reduction in the IRS.

Some of you may disagree or have better ways to deal with this issue.

Personal best Regards:
RE: Federal government and what they should do
This issue has been debated for centuries.
I think, I think if we think we will all realize that this is the UNITED STATES of America. Any individual state would be far weaker and less efficient without the others.
Without the federal government, we would have a mess that if we think, we would see is unacceptable.
If, in state #1 you can drive at 14 could that 14 year old drive in state #2 where the law is you need to be 18. If, you can drink at 17 in one state and 21 in another can you pick up liquor in the state with a 17 drinking age. THE ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN SETTLED RE: GUN CONTROL-no, I am not anti gun.

Stop for a minute and realize that for you and for the rest of us, we think all legislation that is good for us is GOOD but, if it is good for someone else and costs us IT IS A MISUSE OF GOVERNMENT POWER.

You mention Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. They are particularly funny. When, they were making money there was no question about them. Now that they are in a deep hole neither you nor I want to be stuck with the BILL.

I AM NOT NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN AN OBAMA SUPPORTER.
I have no question that Obama vastly exceeded the power defined for the federal government in the constitution.

It is however interesting that Abraham Lincoln also vastly exceeded the power of the presidency and the power of the federal government. The same is true of FDR. In fact unlike Obama and unlike Lincoln, approximately 20 bills written by FDR were found to be unconstitutional by the supreme court

THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT CRAZY AS OUR SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT IS WE HAVE NEVER HAD THE RISE OF A DICTATOR SUCH AS HITLER, MUSSOLINI OR HIROHITO.
IN MY VIEW, LINCOLN, FDR AND OBAMA WERE PRETTY DARN CLOSE AND OUR SYSTEM SURVIVED TWO OF THEM AND I HOPE IT WILL SURVIVE THE THIRD.

CUT, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WE ALL WANT TO CUT WHAT DOES NOT BENEFIT US BUT YOU WILL FIND PEOPLE WHO DO BENEFIT WILL STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH YOU.

Aside: When, first created-you state the department of the treasury. AMUSING PROBLEM-THEY HAD NO MONEY AND NO METHOD TO RAISE ANY MONEY. Immediate expansion of the federal government-was the result of this oversight-error or???????