View Single Post

Old 05-07-2017, 08:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I agree and beside an honest discussion we need a frank discussion about healthcare. From your comments its difficult to see where you clearly stand on this issue.

For any discussion we need to separate health care and insurance because they are very different issues in their entirety.

Healthcare issues include people's lifestyles, preventive care, new technologies, organizational models, fees, efficacy in treatment, DNA etc

On the Insurance side it includes such things as who has the financial /payer obligation, if any and in what form , benefit plans, costs, fraud and abuse and the mother of all realities people's "expectations"

Then of course there are the political and financial realities overriding all of this and in constant tension to one another

In my view we were better off before Obamacare. what Obamacare did was throw the baby out with the dishwater.

There was an easy fix for the so called "uninsured" but Obama was aiming for a single payer system and total control of the health market. Well government is not at all good at managing things and fraud and abuse prevail over most government programs. fraud and abuse will kill any program

Simply stated this has become such a political football interfering with a rational solution

Personal Best Regards:
You are correct that I'm not sure where I stand but that is due to hearing nothing but bull**** from both sides of the issue. I don't believe you can have the private sector control healthcare while public sector, military, medicare recipients are covered by government but again my information is limited. That said I still have not heard any honest and non biased dialog other than a few bits and pieces on C-span. Everyone, including most of the posters on this forum don't know squat about the real scope of problem yet have rock solid opinions. IMO