View Single Post

Old 05-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

We built, picked out everything we wanted, and ended up with excellent results. In hind sight (always 20/20), we missed a couple of items. There were items that I agree with previous comments. The under counter light option was $2000, way too high, I did my own, for under $200, and got exactly what I wanted. We do not get the birdcage with the initial build, but added it 1.5 years later, along with the upgraded landscaping. Out agent was very helpful with picking the tile, cabinets, etc. The one item we missed was the carpeting, really should have gone with a much better grade.

We were very happy with the overall results, and have made very few changes since moving in.

some items to think about:
We had the whole house wired for an alarm system, and video monitoring, then used the wiring for a system I installed, huge savings.
We had the living room and lanai wired for surround sound (my wife hates seeing wires), then had the speakers installed later.
We tried to get an additional dedicated receptacle in the garage but this was confused with the standard golf cart charger receptacle.
We had a second niche installed in the master shower.
We also got every stretch we could get on then house, ended up with 3 out of 4, the lot was too small for the 4th stretch.

Hope this helps, send me a PM if you would like to discuss further.