View Single Post

Old 05-15-2017, 09:42 AM

It is absolutely the smart thing to do. It is a large place and will take a while for you to get acclimated and choose the right area and home you want to live in. Most people in TV end up moving three times. We'll probably be looking to change ourselves at some point to gain a golf cart garage that we did not anticipate the need for. We rented for a short time and got into a bind between having to vacate the rental and buy new. In hind site we should have gone for a longer term rental...I would recommend six months, in order not be hurried. Another thing that everyone learns the hard way. Bring nothing....rid yourself of everything that does not have sentimental value including clothes, furniture, books, everything. Well, not all your clothes obviously. Fall cloths have value, but winter clothes have none. You will save a bundle in moving costs, and you should be able to find something to rent that is furnished; that is what we did. Unfortunately, we spent $9k in moving costs and in the two years we've been here almost everything we brought with us is gone. Furniture, books, cloths, electronics....all replaced with more appropriate items for the new life here. The only thing we kept is the car and my motorcycle. Believe me, that $9k would have gone a long way.