View Single Post

Old 05-21-2017, 12:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Bravo! Well what a nice way to get around to saying simply that " students have a right to say they support speech repression or "shut up" to the ideas of others.

I thought the purpose of a college education is to send students into the world with minds open and questioning, not closed and self righteous? I would believe that the objective would include speakers with varying points of view on the world.

Essentially what students are doing to people like Mike Pence, Ann Coulter, Donald Trump, Heather Mac Donald is what experts term "linguistic constructivism, which holds that we don't merely describe or represent the world in language , language creates the world and ourselves ( i.e. I identify as)...if reality is nothing more than a mere narrative then we can control what people say or are forbidden to say.

Speech repression comes in many forms such as trigger warnings, microagressions, claims of cultural appropriations, claims of non-binary sex ,safe spaces Gosh with lingusitic constructivism , specious claims can be endless.

Personal Best Regards:
To go along with that is the "Manufactured Consent". Where they keep pushing something we don't like and making it seem like everyone likes it to convince us that we like it too or are at least OK with it.

chomsky manufacturing consent - Google Search

It's what they did with homosexuality. What they do with racial equality. They keep pushing a lie until we believe it.