View Single Post

Old 05-22-2017, 09:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I attended my nephew's college graduation yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the commencement speech given by CNN host, Dr. Fareed Zakaria. I was bracing myself for the usual liberal talking points and anti-Trump rhetoric, but instead thoroughly enjoyed his speech as he attempted to bring both sides together. He denounced the protests and walk-outs on other campuses as being just the opposite of how he hoped that students would react when confronted with someone with an opposing viewpoint. Instead, he encouraged the graduates to listen to those viewpoints with respect and an expectancy of learning something by listening to those who think differently. I found myself, instead of looking for the closest exit, actually glued to my seat. By the crowd response, I would say it was a very well received speech.
Fareed Zakaria - Wikipedia

Looks like a bright man. Graduations though look like the wrong place to bring a real controversial speaker into talk about some subject. It is supposed to be a celebration of these students' achievements and not about some institution making points with some politician.