View Single Post

Old 05-23-2017, 10:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Have any of you defending the walkout of the students even bothered to LISTEN to his speech? It and many, many others are all on YouTube. I suggest you listen particularly to those of Presidents Reagan (ND 1981) and Obama (ND 2009) (Howard U 2016), as well. You might be surprised.

They claim it was a part of free speech for them to do this. What happened to his right to free speech? Do they get sole rights to freedom of speech along with their diplomas? I thought the Constitution granted that right to all Americans, not just ND graduates. They also said they were "standing up for their moral and ethical standards". Why is he then trashed, yes trashed and disrespected, because he stands up for his moral and ethical standards? Is this all not the perfect definition and example of "double standard"?

There is NO excuse for disrespect and rudeness. I don't always agree with what our preachers say, but I certainly do not get up and walk out during their sermon. I don't agree with what former President Obama had to say much of the time, but I would never just get up and walk out on his speech because of it. I certainly wouldn't PLAN a mass walkout without even bothering to hear what he had to say.

Whether they choose to acknowledge it or not, these students do not have all the answers. They are about to embark on their life's journey and will soon find that there will be many things with which they do not agree....especially out in the workforce. They will soon find that pretty much no one starts at the top just because they have an education from a prestigious university.
You can't argue with liberals...women...and minorities. Facts don't matter.

Most of those kids who walked out are going nowhere. The boys will live at home with a menial job or "disability", the girls may marry and go from living off mom and dad to living off her new husband. They expect a perfect world and want someone else to do it for them.

They should have just not attended...it's not like "you must be present to win". Want to make a statement to the school...refuse to attend...don't disrupt...that's rude.