Thread: Eye for an eye
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2017, 07:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
No comparison, CNM. A drunk driver or even a group of drunk drivers are unlikely to take over the world with their madness. Now a terrorist, or group thereof, is a whole different matter. That is exactly what they hope to do. Comparing the two, and the overall destruction that they can cause to mankind, is not even close. And the likelihood of being killed by a terrorist appears to be growing each day. We can't just sit back and cite statistics, and the idea that we can "talk" to these lunatics and work things out is just insane. Although I don't necessarily agree with nuking anything, I do believe the OP is sincere in his passion to take some kind of action. I applaud him for caring so deeply. Obviously from his post, he is former military. Thank you, OP, for your service.
Your conclusion about drunks vs terrorists is not well thought out. I agree with the British Mom who said on a news report camera (I am paraphrasing)..."They will not change the way we live, no matter what they do, we must not give into their wish of fear..."

In 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States. Of the 1,070 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2014, 209 (19%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.Impaired Driving: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center

Deaths caused by alcohol this year:
Impaired Driving: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center

Terrorism - number of fatalities worldwide-2015: 28,328 • Terrorism: number of deaths worldwide 2006-2015 | Statistic

Yes, terrorist attacks need our attention, we need to educate our civilization regarding the need for love, compassion, and understanding.....not revenge....because an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.