View Single Post

Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Default Re: E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart

Re: Battery Charging
The idea of fully discharging a battery DOES apply to Ni-cad and LIon batteries such as cel-phones, etc., which can develop a memory if not fully discharged. It does NOT apply to a wet-cell storage battery such as a golf cart battery.

The 80% discharge rule mentioned earlier is correct according to any storage battery mfg I have talked to. If you're not happy with TROJAN, which is a very well thought of battery, you might try Rolls, they are the KING of battery mfg's and make THE BEST deep cycle batteries. They are owned by the Surrette family who sold Surrette Battery to a Canadian firm many years ago (I think).

The life of the battery is heavily dependent on the quality and thickness of the plates in the battery. This is not something that you can tell from the outside of the battery. Rolls makes batteries with the heaviest plates in the industry, hence, longer life (with proper charging schedule). They specialize in special purpose batteries for trucks, boats, locomotives, and electric vehicles.

No, I'm not their rep, just a satisfied experienced user.