View Single Post

Old 06-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Experience

I will not go through the details but I have been a care taker for 3 cancers with my wives. One was sucessfully cured the other after 2 cancers was not fortunate and passed away. In the process of these I have been to a number of famous cancer treatment centers: Lahey Clinic, Mass, MD Anderson, Huston Texas, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville Florida Westchester Medical Center, NY,
Cleveland Clinic, Fl.,Moffit, Tampa Florida, Etc. In rating I would give Mayo, Jacksonville as #1, Lahey #2, Moffit#3. and so on.Now to the originial subject. I would guess the Physician that wrote in probably gained some advantages by the sheer fact he was a Dr. That does not distract from his assessments just adds some balance to the input. In one case I had a relative who was held in the Ft Lauderdale Hospital ER for 18 hours in terrible pain. I ordered an ambulance, had her discharged and drove about 2-3 to Stuart Florida Hospital who said she had about 24 hours to live if she was not operated on immediately. She was and she is fine today. The bottom
line is that you are responsible for your care and taking action in the case of neglect. Mayo at Jacksonville is 2 1/2 hours away and has an ER. Rather then tolerate such terrible treatment go to a teaching hospital. I believe Sand's is one although never been there. I have heard some terrible things about the Villages ER and am at a loss why, if someone has 3 hours does not go to Sands or Mayo and get the best treatment?? It is not just the ER but the support team these locations have to ensure more than just bascic treatment. In closing I will add that I just don't understand why the Developer who may not be the final authority but carries a lot of weight in this area does not have a team to study the problems and ensure we have the best medical policies and practices and doctors to treat or to refer difficult cases to the best for treatment. Just some thoughts on a subject that I have spent many years involved in.