View Single Post

Old 06-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky14 View Post
A few weeks ago, I submitted a Letter to the Editor, Daily Sun, but I have given up hope that it will ever be printed, so I'll share it here...

How is it that in The Villages, where everything is so wonderful, the ER service at its hospital, The Villages Regional Hospital, is so poor? Recently, my daughter was quite ill and waited four hours until the stress of sitting in the waiting room became worse than the stress of being sick at home. We left without having been seen. So did a man and woman sitting across from us. They were in their 80s and had been waiting six hours. And this was when the seasonal residents were gone! Since then, in telling our story, I have come across Villagers who said they spent eight hours or longer in the waiting room. This is appalling. If a business operated like that, it would have no customers. But The Villages Hospital has no competitors, so it does not have to care how long the ill and injured have to wait. With large parcels of land being purchased by The Villages, and the subsequent increase in population, the ability to obtain emergency care in a timely manner should be a huge concern for residents. This is about providing more than just amenities and shopping. This is about meeting life’s emergency needs.
Poster: It takes better than 3-4 weeks after you are contacted by the Daily Sun before a letter is published, if it is published at all. The Daily Sun mimics much of what goes on in TV meaning the powers want tight control.

The frustration you express as to the TVRH emergency room has been expressed ad nauseam for the 11 years I have lived here.

I can't speak for others but in my humble opinion if the ER was any other business it would have gone out of business long ago.

Personal Best Regards: