View Single Post

Old 06-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
We have enjoyed the new Bob Evan's on 466A from it's "Soft Opening" several times a month. When it initially opened, they had extra staff from several surrounding BE locations to guide the new employees. Naturally, service was fantastic and got it off to a great start. Once the permanent staff was more trained, service become more like what reasonable people would expect, or slightly slower, but the food was still excellent.

Fast forward to this past Tuesday evening, around 7:30PM: Half the tables were empty. We were the only ones standing by the desk, and waited 10 minutes to be acknowledged. After being seated, no server appeared within the first 15 minutes, although a server had plenty of time to just stand and converse with a couple within three tables of our location while totally ignoring us. Finally a polite server showed up and was very apologetic for the long delay. ----Turns out that she had not been advised that the section in which we were seated was her responsibility. ----Our food was very slow in coming out of the kitchen. So yes, overall "service" has declined severely over the last few weeks in my opinion. However, that could have been just a glitch for that evening. I would say the wait staff is competent and friendly. However, MANAGEMENT should be concerned, and either be replaced or get the ship back on course quickly.

For those who always ask, yes, I wanted to see someone who looked like management as we left to let them know. If any management was there, it was not noticeable and I did not care to stay any longer. We will return again next week and hope to be more satisfied. If not, that's "Strike Two" and a letter goes to corporate. Bob Evans in general is too good to not care when a new location is not headed in the right direction. I know "Villagers" love to complain about everything, but this does need some level of management's attention. We appreciate them being here and want them to succeed.
I have previously posted my similar experience at 466A about two weeks ago. The place was half full at about 6 pm. Stood at the entry desk for what seemed like a very long time without acknowledgement , Finally we were told that there would be a fifteen minute wait. We were the only people in the lobby and decided to leave. No manager in sight and very few employees that we could see. We are BE fans and have had some really nice meals, but something has changed recently.