Thread: Fivesome
View Single Post

Old 06-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Let's get real. You have NO IDEA who these 5 women were or WHY the pro let them out as a fivesome. Not LPGA pros? Probably not. U of F women's golf team???? H Gary Morse's grandchildren??/ Third generation Andrews sisters???? YOU simply have no idea. Does this pro frequently let out fivesomes??? YOU have no idea. Was he told by someone higher on the food chain to let them out. YOU have no idea.

Did they keep pace on the course, or were they 3 holes behind???? Did they hit the ball better than most male Villagers or were they just hacking around??? Since it seems to bother you, did you complain directly to the pro or the club manager at the time?????

Without the FACTS, all you are doing is extrapolating a "no fivesome" rule to all circumstances, and even ASSUMING the pro doesn't have the authority to use his discretion

Sorry to be so harsh, but I love golf as you apparently do, and to my mind the pro is the captain of the club ship. So I think his "orders" are to be obeyed, until such time as his pattern of actions lead to a "courts-martial"
All my thoughts exactly! Great post.

At the course I played in Indy our regular group was the second group off on Sunday mornings. The first group, a fivesome. We could not keep up with them. We were usually two holes behind this group while being a hole ahead of the group behind us.