Thread: Fivesome
View Single Post

Old 06-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdticket View Post
Played at Cane Garden on Thursday we made the turn and the last tee time 9:28 of the morning wave was teeing off, five women. The ambassador informed us that they were the guest of the pro. I was always told that foursomes were the max. The tee time office was called and asked the question and was referred to the pro Dave Williams. He made it clear it is within his purview to have a fivesome. I think this a bad policy and sets up many problems for the clubs and their employees.
If they're the last group of the morning wave the other option would be to have them play as a threesome and a twosome. It might have been that three people didn't show up for one group and rather have one person miss out on her day of golf he allowed the fivesome.

It's certainly not going to be any slower than a three and a two, and as long as it's not common practice, I would say that it's a good thing to do whatever can be done to accommodate a player as long as it doesn't interfere with other players.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.