View Single Post

Old 06-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Gold member
Default For my two cents worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Just bought a villa in Woodbury. Will be a part-time Villager for a few years until moving down full-time. Planning to be down there for a month or so in mid August. Will be looking for a late model gas cart or possibly even a new. I would like to keep the price as low as possible. For a new cart, are there any must-have options that I should add? Are the standard seats comfortable enough? Anything else I should look into? Thanks in advance.
We have A 2015 Yamaha gas.
1. We did not get it but I agree that you would want the better led turn signals. You really can't see the standard ones and they do not self cancel.
2. As to seats. No one can answer that for you. Try your butt in them. We have the standard seats and they are fine for us.
3. As to seat belts. You will see all kinds of debates on the subject. Wife insisted we buy them-we never use them.
It is a golf cart. There is nothing on the sides or the front to protect you.
4. As to the fold up seats. We do not have them but our friend does. He has a 2017 which does have a better ride than the 2015 that we have. I WOULD NOT PUT ANYONE YOU LIKE IN THE BACK SEAT.
5. As to the 2017, as stated above, it does ride smoother than our 2015. It is also quieter.
6. I would also consider brighter headlights than the original. The original ones are marginal at best.
7. I would consider a glass windshield. Standard is plexiglass. The plexiglass scratches if you clean it and you cannot or should not install wipers on it.
8. Perhaps, a good choice would be to buy a well used one for 2-3,000 with the plan to resell it when you move full time.