Thread: Fivesome
View Single Post

Old 06-12-2017, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Total nonsense! What's good for the goose should be good for the gander. Twice in the past 2 weeks my group was five players. We were forced to play as a group of 3 and a group of 2. Each day play was very slow and we were constantly waiting on tees (all 5 of us) together. Each time we requested that we be allowed to join up and play as a group of five. In both cases Ambassadors told us "absolutely not, I'd get fired for allowing that". On the second such occasion, an Asst. Mgr. rode out to our location on the course to insist no one can play in a group of five in TV. Not even when good judgement and common sense dictates it might be a reasonable option. Given these circumstances, no one, golf pro or not should be able to violate this kind of standing rule. Not even for Lady Pros, Men Pros, College golfers or the Morse family. Wrong is wrong and making excuses is worse.
So, in other words, you are upset because the facility manager used his judgement to allow SOME OTHER GROUP, on some course at some time, to play as a fivesome, but YOU were not allowed to play as 5. The ambassador has no authority to allow a fivesome, so you got the expected response. Again, YOU have no idea of the circumstances of this other fivesome, and as the rules state, the manager has discretion in these matters. Fivesomes are a rare exception to play in TV, and YOU did not get this rare exception. BAAAWAAAH. Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?

Or, put another way----"Gee, officer, yes I was going 65 in a 45 zone, but so were a lot of other drivers, so you have to let me get away with it also" Rotsa ruck.