View Single Post

Old 06-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
We have a 2017 gas that we bought new from Village Discount Golf Car. It came with LED headlights, tail-lights, turn-signals and side-lights, the rear-view and side-view mirrors, the sand bottle (haven't used it yet as I haven't started golfing yet), the cooler (handy for the farmer's market in Brownwood), custom wheels (pretty but purely cosmetic) and padding around the rear roof supports (hope we never need those!). We are strong believers in seat belts and got those. It came with a GPS instead of a speedometer/odometer but that seems too easy to steal (it's not built in) so we don't use it and are considering getting a speedometer/odometer installed from a guy that advertises in the Village Sun. We did not bother with custom paint or any sort of customized look as that doesn't appeal to us (though I've seen some VERY cool custom carts rolling around town!). We kind of wanted the fold-down rear seats but were told by several folks that A) they are uncomfortable and nobody likes to ride in them, B) beefing up the suspension to handle the weight of 4 seats and 4 adults makes for a MUCH rougher ride, C) you're likely to rarely use them so you're buying them for the exception rather than the norm and D) they are expensive and it's cheaper to just rent a 4-seater (even one where everybody faces forward) the few times you need it. As far as the custom seats, I was dead set against them. NO seats are worth that kind of money, I was convinced. Then we sat in them and immediately asked, "What colors do they come in?" For us, there was a world of difference. Also, ours allow the driver's seat to slide forward or back, making it far more useful for my wife, who is several inches shorter than me.

Good luck with whatever you decide upon!
Thanks Jerry. Good info.