View Single Post

Old 06-14-2017, 06:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Hmmm....teachers unions weighing down American education? I think not. My wife, an Public School elementary teacher for 38 years was revered by the parents in the school district, most of whom requested her for the younger siblings of children that she had already taught. If you think that teachers are overpaid, think again. They are ONLY paid for the days they teach: 180 days. So, let's do a mathematical experiment; If you pay a teacher what you would pay your babysitter......let's say $5.00/hr.
The teacher now has 30 children for 6 hours per day: so 30 Children X $5.00/hour X 6 hours/day X 180 Day=$162,000.00. Most teachers will start their careers at $25,000 and will end about $80,000. Not nearly what you would pay a babysitter.....but teachers need a college education, certifications, most actually contribute their own money to buy supplies......and the reason your child is NOT getting a good education, is because YOU think that teachers are getting paid too much, and you don't want to pay taxes to pay for their salaries. Did you also know that teachers in over 30 states will NEVER get Social Security after they retire? and they will not be eligible for their portion of their spouse's social security either.

So, why do we have legislators who feel this way?.."Republican Lawmaker to Teachers: If You Want a Better Life, Get a Second Job
https://www.labor411.org/411-blog/15...t-a-second-job

Most of my teacher friends DO GET A SECOND JOB just to survive......
There is a troll post on one thread ridiculing teachers and referring to working only 180 days.

I also am married to a lady who spent 32 years in the classroom, and NEVER did she work only 180 days, and certainly never a simple 8 hours.

And to the subject of the thread...RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU BELIEVE A SEASONED SENATOR AND NOW ATTORNEY GENERAL NEVER EVER HAD A BRIEFING ON THE RUSSIAN INTRUSION