View Single Post

Old 06-20-2017, 05:36 AM
Veteran member

I have had Serius XM radio in my cars for a few years. I have never liked the way they do business but kind of didn't think much about it because I do enjoy what they offer when I'm driving.

After MANY months of back and forth between my Visa credit card company, Capital One, and Serius XM, I won a fraud case for $600+. Serius XM repeatedly billed me for service on a car that I no longer owned! The incident isn't as cut and dry as I'm making it sound, however, and in the spirit of less boredom for you, I'm trying to shorten the scenario. There was much more going on than what I've written, but I think you can get the gist of what happened.

For everyone's benefit, I will tell you that they lie, will never get back to you when they say they will and have many different prices for the same service. It all depends upon your ability to bargain and I do mean strongly bargain.

My advice to you is to keep track of how much you pay them, when you pay them and for what duration of time. If you do not cancel, they will keep billing you at the highest rate.

Throughout the many months of trying to get this straightened out, Capital One and their representatives were terrific and a God send. Without them I would have been left holding the bag.

Forewarned is forearmed, my friends.