View Single Post

Old 06-25-2017, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I haven't noticed any difference with Directv and I've been with them since 2008. I get one email a week with pay-per-view movies updates and that's about it. My bill hasn't changed in months, I have the Premier package plus the HD Tier and maintenace plan, pretty much everything but MLB. My bill would be over $200 a month but I usually call when necessary and get discounts.

At the beginning of last football season I called and said to cancel me out of the NFL Sunday Ticket, which is $44.95 a month for six months. The customer service person gave me $40 off a month for 12 months, so I kept the NFL which was my plan to begin with.

Last week I called again and said, don't put me on NFL Sunday Ticket, it's too expensive. The agent I was talking to said you may not want to do that because this year it shows you get NFL Sunday Ticket for free since you're a loyal customer. Also your $40 a month credit has only one remaining month, let me switch you to Loyality Department and see if we can get that extended, I'm not able to do that but I can get you some more credits, and she proceeded to give me about 5 credits for six months of about $5 or $10 apiece.

After connecting with another sales person in Loyality department he said he can only give me $20 a month for 12 months and that the previous associate misspoke when she said you get NFL Ticket for free, she should of said you get NFL Ticket uprgrade for free, which is 'Red Zone' and computer connection added. However, he said since she already gave it to you and a made a notation on your account we have to honor that. He said hold on while I get a supervisor. They then said we are putting a $289 credit on your bill for the NFL Ticket. The next day I checked my account on line and sure enough, there was a credit for $289.

This is really not the way to run a company, but after ten years with Directv I have found they operate much like a car dealer who's prices are really just a negotiating point.