View Single Post

Old 06-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,347 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
If you are acquainted with a retired law enforcement officer (LEO,) it is likely that he carries at all times, although he may deny it. To admit that he is carrying gives up a tactical advantage, which most experienced officers try to avoid doing.

Interestingly, a "qualified, retired law enforcement officer" does not need a state issued license to carry a concealed weapon if he meets the standards of the federal law called the Law Enforcement Officer's Safety Act (LEOSA.)

NRA Law Enforcement Division|Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act

I am aware of hundreds of retired law enforcement officers living in The Villages who maintain their "qualified" status annually. I don't think they go to that trouble to just carry outside The Villages.

I also know many retirees who qualify under the LEOSA and also obtain a state issued Concealed Weapons License.

If I am not mistaken, kcrazorbackfan is a retired LEO.

--------------------------------

To keep this post on the subject of the thread, let me mention that Florida has a law which prohibits "the malicious killing of the animal of another."

It would be unwise to shoot an attacking dog that is arguably more of an annoyance than an actual hazard of serious bodily harm. You wouldn't want to be prosecuted for shooting someone's Pomeranian.

Some of the retired LEOs I am around at times carry or seem to.