View Single Post

Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Hibiscus recovery from freeze

Dear Fellow Gardeners,

Oh, I do not know what came over me this morning. I was happily going along in this nice gardening thread and reporting in on how all that good hibiscus advice from JohnN and SWR was working out. And I had just checked the hibiscus and she was looking pretty wonderful.

And I was just getting ready to log out.

And then that Graciegirl, that other Cincinnati girl, showed up and started talking about Denny Mac.

And oh my, I saw the very mention of that Midwest gardening expert's name, and suddenly I became quite discombobulated. (But in a good way.)

And then the next thing you know, I was confessing one of those things I confess once in awhile. About those men I love from afar. Charles Kuralt. Carl Hiaasen. Judd Hirsch, but only when he is being Alex on "Taxi." (And there's another one, but I can't remember who he is right now.) Oh, and then there was that stuff I wrote one night about men with gray ponytails. Whatintheheckisthematterwithme?

But anyway, that Graciegirl. that other Cincinnati girl, well I think she knew what would happen.

And she was right, and suddenly I was all in a dither and I kept wording things all wrong. Oh it was all so wrong and . . .

I just do not know what is going on with me lately.

But this one. This morning. Well, it was all that Graciegirl's fault. She is here in this city. She knows I like to garden. She is a clever woman. I can tell. She put two and two together and then she came right in here and said, "Denny Mac." And I was toast.

But back to my hibiscus -- I will be leaving town soon for a few days, and I almost have myself talked out of taking the laptop with me. (I think we all know why. Did you see that number of posts? And I keep telling you all that I really have a life. But I do not think anyone believes me.)

Well, anyway, I don't think I am going to take the laptop. But I was just wondering if you gardeners think that maybe I should take the hibiscus. She is doing so well lately, and I really should keep a close eye on her.

And, about this morning. :redface:

I am leaving for the evening now, but if Graciegirl, that other Cincinnati girl, is here, please keep a close eye on her.

Vas you ever in Zinzinnati?

Boomer