View Single Post

Old 06-27-2017, 11:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Let us know what your lawyer friends have to say, my wife (a retired attorney) says you have no case; 'petty annoyances' do not constitute harassment..

The Political Talk forum is an open forum with voluntary participation. You are not compelled to participate.

No one to my knowledge has threatened you, made physical contact with you, called you at home and left threatening messages, sent threatening emails to you, or otherwise threatened your safety. Had any of these action occurred, you would likely have a legitimate case for harassment.

But, having your feelings hurt as the result of what you perceive to be snide, insulting and insensitive comments (i.e.,petty annoyances) does not constitute harassment...particularly when steps can be taken to ignore such comments.
I, for one, have had other posters find my personal pages on other sites, and have posted pictures of me, my home address and phone, which are clearly beyond the scope of replying to posts, and initiating posts in this forum. I feel that by going outside this forum to seek personal information, obtaining that information, then publishing it in this forum is quite unethical, and because I am not an attorney, could be illegal. I have complained to the "administrator" about such actions, and nothing was done.