Thread: Dentists
View Single Post

Old 07-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Default Re: Dentists

Can you stand one more Village Dental horror story?

At my first appointment, almost 4 years ago, they told me I needed roughly $17,000 work done to replace crowns, etc., to make my teeth more presentable. This wasn't required work, just to make all my crowns the exact same color. I told them they were crazy and that wasn't going to happen. However, they were close and golf cart accessible, so I kept using them for cleanings.

About 2 1/2 years ago, Dr. Barnett did do a root canal on an injured tooth, but I was astonished at the number of legal releases I had to sign for him to do the work. These were given to me AFTER I was in the chair and numbed. As I retired legal secretary of many years, I kept thinking that this guy must have been sued a lot to require this many releases. Last time I saw him.

Back to Village Dental. About a year ago, I was told I needed two additional crowns, for a total of approximately $2,500 (no - not front teeth). Also, if I didn't move quickly, I'd probably need root canals on both of those teeth IN ADDITION to the crowns. When I went for my next cleaning, they seemed hostile because I hadn't and wouldn't make an appointment for the crowns.

I had my first appointment with Dr. Kathleen Williams this past week. What a refreshing change! She and her hygienist told me repeatedly what nice crowns I had and what good condition my teeth were in. I left there feeling like I'd had one of the best cleanings I'd had in a long time. Her fees were, in my opinion, very reasonable. I would highly recommend Dr. Williams!