View Single Post

Old 07-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

We spent the entire month of August one year in TV before buying there. Maybe we just got lucky and it was a "milder" summer that year, but we found it pretty comfortable compared to the stifling humidity in the mid-Atlantic region during the summer months.

One thing I would add to villagetinker's list is to take the trolley tour which departs daily from the sales center in Lake Sumter. Someone will correct me if that has changed. Although it doesn't cover ALL of TV, it gives you a flavor of the area and the trolley drivers can be very informative.

As far as who to talk to to get a perspective of the place - whenever we visited, we always stayed in a different village. I found it very helpful to take a morning or evening walk around the neighborhood. If you are friendly, it usually only takes a smile and a wave before someone engages you in conversation. Or just ask anyone around if you have a particular question you want answered. We found most people more than willing to share their experiences about moving to and living in TV. Since you mentioned that you are single, there seems to be a least a couple of active singles groups that announce events on this forum. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you hear from one of them on this thread. Best wishes to you, afranz - I hope you fall in love with the place like many of us have.