View Single Post

Old 07-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Sage
Default Periodic Homeowners Insurance Coverage Review

I've been here almost 11 years and insured my home through Villages Insurance the whole time. Originally, I was with Travellers but costs kept increasing and hurricane deductible changed to a % of coverage vs a fixed amount. So, I reviewed policy and coverage with them and switched to ASI, better coverage, lower premium, sinkhole coverage, fixed deductible. The sinkhole coverage now has a 10% of insured valued as deductible.

Anyway, just got my renewal from ASI and premiums increased about 15%, so, asked for another review. Decided to drop sinkhole add-on as I will have to pay first $35K of repairs...just not worth it.

While reviewing, the agent noted that they now offer bundles of coverage that I was previously paying separate coverage (replacement cost +25% coverage, debris removal). By dropping individual items and adding equivalent home shield bundle, I saved about $100 and got water/sewer backup coverage that I did not have before.

Anyway, just a suggestion that you sit down and review your insurance coverage and options every few years as things do change.

It was 30 minutes well spent.