View Single Post

Old 07-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
I've been here almost 11 years and insured my home through Villages Insurance the whole time. Originally, I was with Travellers but costs kept increasing and hurricane deductible changed to a % of coverage vs a fixed amount. So, I reviewed policy and coverage with them and switched to ASI, better coverage, lower premium, sinkhole coverage, fixed deductible. The sinkhole coverage now has a 10% of insured valued as deductible.

Anyway, just got my renewal from ASI and premiums increased about 15%, so, asked for another review. Decided to drop sinkhole add-on as I will have to pay first $35K of repairs...just not worth it.

While reviewing, the agent noted that they now offer bundles of coverage that I was previously paying separate coverage (replacement cost +25% coverage, debris removal). By dropping individual items and adding equivalent home shield bundle, I saved about $100 and got water/sewer backup coverage that I did not have before.

Anyway, just a suggestion that you sit down and review your insurance coverage and options every few years as things do change.

It was 30 minutes well spent.
We also have ASI homeowners insurance, with AAA handling it. We have had ASI since 2011.

The reason I'm posting is that we just received our ASI homeowners renewal and it is only $4.00 more than last year. I compared ... the coverages and endorsements have not changed.

Seems odd.