View Single Post

Old 07-03-2017, 10:53 PM
n/a

Let's start about what 40 years ago. How many kids grew up in single family homes and what % were of which race? Today many blacks are raised in single mother homes with no father image. Dads make a big difference. I do not think I need to tell anyone around the Villages the truth of that fact. Yes, my dad tanned my hide more than once and in the end I never wanted to do anything to disappoint him. Now my son has three boys of his own and seeing him raise those kids is a joy. Read about David Clarke you know America's sheriff. In his book he tells how he raised a fist to a passing cop car and it stopped. The cops got out and walked up toward the house when his dad came out and ask what the problem was. The cops explained and his dad said he would deal with it. The comment Clarke made next sort of stuck in my mind. In effect he wanted to chase down the cops and have them throw him in jail rather than face the wrath of his dad. We don't see that today. When my son and I got into it, I told him if he didn't like my rules he could live with his mom, he never took me up on that. Here in is the problems, dads held us accountable for our actions they were the ones who were the disciplinarians. They spanked us more often than our moms. Now the black community and particularly the welfare black live in a culture that has no father image. As a result we are seeing what that does to a culture. There is no one to hold anyone responsible and the mere idea that we should be personally responsible is a foreign concept to most. It is not so much the race as the lack of discipline that we as a society have through our gov't programs have encouraged.