View Single Post

Old 07-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Maybe a committee should be formed to approach the hospital officials with their complaints and concerns. NOT much will happen without some action. Doesn't seem beneficial to come on social media sites and complain.

Addendum to the above: I was just reading a letter to the editor of my home-town newspaper in the midwest. It could have been written by many on this site (only insert the names where applied). The writer tells of her elderly dad who went to the ER (a Mayo sattelite hospital) and was there for 10 hrs before treatment. It's a long story of ambulance rides, transfers to other Mayo facilities then back to the nursing home over days/weeks. It was a sad commentary that probably is happening all over our country and not just here in The Villages! People continually say..."I won't go to TVRH but will go instead to ___insert hospital's name____". Then you hear a story from someone or several someone's whose experiences in those hospitals are equally not positive. My point is...medical care is changing very rapidly! What we remember from "back home" probably isn't like that anymore. But still what I stated in my original 2 sentences might be an option for us here.
I worked in a very good large hospital in Michigan. These stories are the same every where. I have several friends who work in hospitals and these same stories are told.