View Single Post

Old 07-04-2017, 01:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Fury? Once again you insert your thoughts to an extremely simple and unemotional response. I'll try again. You quote a number of supposed individuals (100,000) about whom the SSA has data that those individuals are mentally deficient. As such you and others say they should not access firearms. I don't believe they should either....if their mental health status is accurate.

My question was, where does the SSA acquire this data? Until you can answer that question you have no idea whether there are 100,000 people or 1 person who appropriately belong in the specific grouping you are talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I assume, applying common sense, that the SSA would know of anyone who has legally been found incapable of handling their finances (SOCIAL SECURITY WOULD NEED TO KNOW THAT FOR DISABILITY AND SS CHECKS) that they get it from their own files which were notified and tagged by law after a legal hearing to note these folks incapable.

READING does wonders for lack of knowledge...

"WASHINGTON —The House of Representatives approved its first effort of the new Congress to roll back gun regulations, voting to overturn a rule that would bar gun ownership by some who have been deemed mentally impaired by the Social Security Administration.

The House voted 235-180 largely along party lines Thursday to repeal an Obama-era rule requiring the Social Security Administration to send records of some beneficiaries to the federal firearms background check system after they’ve been deemed mentally incapable of managing their financial affairs.

The rule, when implemented, would affect about 75,000 recipients of disability insurance and supplemental insurance income who
require a representative to manage their benefits because of a disabling mental disorder, ranging from anxiety to schizophrenia. It applies to those between age 18 and full retirement age.

House votes to strike rule banning guns for some deemed mentally impaired