Thread: Hello from Lori
View Single Post

Old 07-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilorilori View Post
Hello. I want to be a Villager and starting to look. I visited 10 years ago but decided too young to retire and continued with life/work for 10 more years. Now it is time to enjoy and spend my hard earned $$$ on me before I am too old to enjoy life.

As you all know RETIREMENT is a big decision. MOVING is a traumatic event. What to keep, what to get rid of and why did I buy that in the first place ?

Can't wait to get a snazzy dazzy golf cart. Can't wait to look at courtyard villas. Must have a fence yard for the big dog.

The easy part if picking out a house - the hard part is knowing where to live. I don't know one Village from another.

I was thinking of getting a re-sale but I want my own choice of colors, flooring etc so either I need a concrete block Villa at a Do Over price of a new once as long as I can pick out my own colors, flooring, cabinets etc.

A lot to think about and appreciate all the input, ideas, the sharing and the caring.

Lori
Welcome, Lori.

My wife and I visited four or five times before we purchased a home. We wanted to see how we might live once here. We purchased about half way between Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing because we could see that we would spend a lot of time "living" in that part of the villages. We wanted new but instead we purchased a 12 year-old home and *completely* remodeled it to our own taste. It was certainly the right approach for us.

Best of luck in your decision and once again, congratulations and welcome.