View Single Post

Old 07-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Gold member
Default I've enjoyed reading your posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
And if I was in 100% stocks during that time, so would I. It's all about managing risk. So you set up a balance between stocks and bonds and maintain that balance.

Most people with 100% stocks would have bailed during any big market down turn. So they would have bought high and sold low. A disaster. Go stay in 100% S&P. And I will always beat you. Because you will never be able to stay when your portfolio drops 50% in value. Which the S&P has done.

Not trying to pick on you, but that is really a statement that an advisor might make to you to show you how they could do better. It is really a completely wrong idea.
I totally agree that you should never stop learning. Truth the more I learn the more I discover I do not know.

As to investment advice. If, asked I always make it clear that this is what I am doing and why I am doing that.

Reason-if someone follows your advice they will tell the world how smart THEY ARE. If, they follow your advice and loose money they will tell the world how dumb you are.