View Single Post

Old 07-14-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I say wait until you are here a couple of weeks to get the feel for the place. Definitely download the Villages Golfcart GPS on your phone. It even talks to you, if you have a smart phone. We like our gas cart. It's a Yamaha 7 years old with 17,000 miles and still going strong and looks like new. The only maintenance so far has been about $400 total. Not bad for 7 years of pleasure. We did spring for the expensive luxury seats (worth every penny). We spend a lot of time in our golf cart and it was the smartest purchase we made.
Wow, 17,000 miles. That's a lot of cart driving in 7 years-I did not realize that you would be spending that much time driving a golf cart. We're so used to using our cars for everything.

I was leaning toward an electric cart, but after thinking about the size of the Villages and the distances we may have to drive to visit friends and such, I guess a gas powered cart makes more sense. It would be embarrassing to drive somewhere and then not have enough power to make it home.

Does AAA make service calls for our golf carts?

Thanks.