Old 07-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Taxing jurisdiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboicolbs View Post
Howdy everyone,

I am a fairly serious pickleball player, and have nowhere to play where I live. As a non-Villages resident, is there a way I can play? I live in the Tri-County area so guest passes aren't an option, correct? I am not a senior citizen. I need to be able to practice in a semi-competitive atmosphere in preparation for upcoming tournaments. I also need to get a tournament rating, however I'm worried that the monthly Lake Miona clinic is for Villages residents only. I imagine I am around a 4.0, however I am pretty young so I'd like to see how I stack up against some of the 5.0 players that live in The Villages.
OP, whatever taxing jurisdiction you live in the Tri County area, I would approach them for construction of some Pickleball Courts. Assuming there are other interested players, I would organize with them and made an effort to "Sell" this to your County or City or perhaps Park District if you have one. We pay for our courts here in The Villages and they are only for Villagers and their guests. Pickleball is a fast growing sport and Courts are popping up all around the country so why not where you live and pay taxes. Good luck.