View Single Post

Old 07-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Default Re: Other nearby communities vs. The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Guy
One comment has been made that I often hear. That is that other communities near The Villages have many people living there that have moved from The Villages. I don't doubt that this happens I just wonder if it happens with the frequency that I hear. If you visit another community they always say that people are moving into their community from The Villages.

I have owned in The Villages for 3 years and have lived here full time for going on two years. I don't know anyone who has sold their place in The Villages and moved to a community near The Villages and I don't know anyone who knows someone who has moved from The Villages to a community near The Villages.

Perhaps I have lived a sheltered life. I am asking are there people out their who know someone who has moved from The Villages to a community near The Villages? Are there people out there who have moved from The Villages to a community near The Villages.

We have been here 7+ years and have meet many many people. No one is a stranger to me. I too have never known anyone to move from here to another community. When we were looking for a place to retire we went to Solvita and the sales person told us they were selling almost all their houses to disgrumbled Villagers. They were on the phone to me at least weekly trying to get us to buy there. The Villages only called once and that was to tell us one of the houses we told him we liked was available. I am sure some have moved but not very many. Most moving from here are going back home or dying.